In their recent Information Industry Outlook 2019, Outsell provided the following “last mile to the sale” recommendations for sales lead best practices:
- Be at the top of organic search results
- 1-2 sentence company description on Home page
- Home page links to Services page
- Zero dead links on Home, About, or services pages
- 2 clicks max to get to contact pages
- Person answers phone in 1-3 rings
- Zero routing to right person
- 5 seconds or less to reach the right person
“If you are doing all the marketing in the world and you’re not picking up your phone or there’s no phone number on your website, you’re not going to have the results that you want,” said Outsell CEO Anthea Stratigos.
While the above recommendations were made for the information industry, they are broadly applicable to businesses regardless of size or industry.
Stratigos did not discuss conversational marketing bots such as Drift, but rapid response times and appropriate routing should be goals when implementing those tools as well.